Informational, National & State Links
National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT)
National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services (NASDPTS)
- Learn more about pupil transportation safety and the objectives of the NAPT Foundation.
Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- The purpose of the association is to provide leadership, assistance and motivation to the Nation's school transportation and industry with the goal of providing safe, secure, efficient, economical, and high-quality transportation to school children on their trips to and from school and school-related activities.
Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT)
- The Illinois State Board of Education will provide leadership, assistance, resources and advocacy so that every student is prepared to succeed in careers and post secondary education, and share accountability for doing so with districts and schools.
Illinois Office of the Secretary of State (SOS)
- The Illinois Website for any information that pertains to all transportation in the State of Illinois.
Love the Bus Guide
- The Illinois Office of the Secretary of State is the most diverse of its kind in the nation. From issuing driver licenses and registering vehicles, to promoting organ donation awareness, overseeing the Illinois State Library and administering the state's literacy efforts, my office directly touches the lives of nearly everyone in Illinois.
Canadian Pupil Transportation Conference (CPTC)
- The American School Bus Council toolkit that includes several opportunities for parents, teachers, students and the media to get involved in the Love the Bus Campaign to raise awareness about school bus transportation and safety.
- 2010 Canadian Pupil Transportation Conference, May 16-19, 2010 Ontario is hosting the 6th year of this national conference and trade show in our nation’s capital. CPTC will give you extraordinary educational workshops, provocative and engaging plenary sessions and keynote speakers. Register on-line at www.cptc2010.ca
Federal Highway Administration
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Regulates the safety of inter-city truck and bus operations. Includes administration of CDL Program among States.
Federal Transit Administration
- Develops and enforces data-driven regulations to balance safety of truck and bus companies with industry efficiency; harnesses safety information systems to focus on higher risk carriers; and targets educational messages to carrier’s commercial drivers and the public.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Administers the federally-funded mass transportation programs.
National Transportation Safety Board
- Aims to reduce fatalities and economic losses from motor vehicle crashes by enforcing safety performance standards for school buses and other motor vehicles and equipment investigates defects provides grants for highway safety programs.
Office of Head Start
- Independent investigative agency charged by Congress to investigate transportation accidents, determine causes and recommend safety improvements.
Transportation Research Board
- Administers funding and policy for low-income preschool programs in the US.
Transportation Security Administration
- National Research Council unit that designs transportation systems and serves as clearinghouse of research findings concerning policy technological development and new practices.
US Department of Education Office Of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
- Provides information, training and analysis of school bus and motor coach security operations.
- Administers programs and projects relating to the free and appropriate public education for disabled students from birth to 21 years old.
School Bus Manufacturers
Magazines / News Sites