IAPT consists of members throughout the State of Illinois who work in various capacities in school districts and share a commitment to improved safety for all students.
Associate members of IAPT are individuals or organizations whose interests and objectives coincide with the goals of IAPT. Associate members are non-voting members.
The Illinois Association for Pupil Transportation provides the following opportunities for its members:
- Information - "TIPS" Newsletter
- Education - Conference Workshop
- Shared Ideas and Solutions - Joint Council Conference
- Networking - Training - Peer Support - Membership Directory
- Training - School Bus Safety Roadeo - Mechanics' Workshop - Best Bus Technician Competition
The Illinois Association for Pupil Transportation has sponsored a variety of workshops over the course of many years. The workshops have been a continued effort to provide and promote education along with providing information for its membership.
Topics have included:
Full Membership $65.00
- Anti-idling Technology
- The Latest in GPS Technology
- Managing Disruptive Student Behavior
- What Are The Feds Up To? What Does This Mean To You?
- School Transportation Finances
- Basics of Special Education Busing
- Risk Control for Your Facility
- Homeland Security
- Assertive Discipline for School Bus Drivers
- What is your role in reducing vulnerability?
Individuals who are currently employed by local, County or State Education Agency in a capacity that relates to pupil transportation. (This includes Head Start Agencies)
Associate Membership $50.00
Individuals or organizations whose interests and objectives coincide with the association or an inactive membership which precludes participation in voting, nominations, offices, and the conduct of the annual meeting.
NOTE: If paying online, there is a slight mark-up to cover the costs of the credit card processing. And if you pay online, please download the membership brochure, fill it in, and fax the membership info page to Vicki Mattson, IAPT Executive Director, at 847-295-8259. Indicate you paid online.
Printable Membership Form
Please make check payable to:
Illinois Association for Pupil Transportation